Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Help getting mod_plsql
Help getting mod_plsql [message #494187] Fri, 11 February 2011 12:29
jbo5112
I need a web service for my Application Express program on Oracle 11g1. I would like to be able to do something simple, like just loading mod_plsql into my 64-bit Apache 2.2, but I highly doubt Oracle would be so cooperative and forthcoming. I've found a couple of open-sourced versions, but neither are usable for my platform.

I know that I have an embedded web server in my database, but using it directly requires me to either have a non-standard port number or run much (if not all) of my oracle software as root. I'm willing to use a web proxy as a last resort, but that adds another layer for problems, mainly with proxy timeouts.

What do I need to install to get a web server running? I've grown too tired and frustrated to keep searching through inconsistent Oracle documentation and support that poorly reflects what is actually on the download page and sometimes suggests I buy expensive, unnecessary software (well, at least the WebLogic Server).
Previous Topic: How to deploy a form?
Next Topic: Users connectng to VPN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:23:02 CDT 2024