Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC (oracle 11 g r2 RAC of 2 nodes, solaris 10 and ASM)
setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC [message #678807] Wed, 15 January 2020 04:17 Go to next message
janakors
hi there

i have 2 x node RAC installed and wnat to setup RMAN on one of the 2 node machines. earlier for our other RAC we have different backup server and different service was created and registered some 10 years ago. now this time no need of abckup server and want to do it on the same RAC nodes. please advise some articles where all steps are given how to set up RMAN for backup of physical , incremental and archive backup with control file backup. i have scripts of all these not sure of setting up the RAMN like creation of catalog and registering of databse etc.

what are the steps for doing same please guide

Regards
Re: setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC [message #678808 is a reply to message #678807] Wed, 15 January 2020 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Creating a recovery catalog (if you think you need one) and performing backup operations is all described in the docs, there is no better source of information. Can you be more precise about where you need assistance?
Re: setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC [message #678809 is a reply to message #678807] Wed, 15 January 2020 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Michel Cadot wrote on Sun, 15 September 2019 19:32

... and you should envisage to feedback in your topics above all (but not only) when you say:

janakors wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 19:06
thank you for your time.let me do it and i will return with results
This was from your previous topic which also received no feedback.

Re: setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC [message #678810 is a reply to message #678808] Wed, 15 January 2020 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
janakors
Thank you Mr John . its bin long to talk to you

now on node 1 i run my eniornment file and then type RMAN so i got the prompt then i type connect tari get / so it says connected to target database

now at this moment i didnt create any catalog so why it connected to target databse or do i nreally need to create a catalog being on the same RAC node???

Re: setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC [message #678811 is a reply to message #678810] Wed, 15 January 2020 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
It appears that you are not aware of what a "target" is and what a "catalog" is.
Time for you to read the RMAN manual. You may not like this, but that is the way it is. All part of working as a DBA, you know.
Re: setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC [message #678813 is a reply to message #678811] Wed, 15 January 2020 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
janakors
ok where to start as to me john it is the proper sequence in which u read . i dont wnat to jump around . catalog is a repositry of RMAN where he keeps record of all the database backups status so he (RMAN) must know how the backups has been taken so when we ask him for recovery so he do the job and target is the db for which i am doing all this . thisis what i know without consulting the manual but please tell me which document ? exact name so i didnt get boged down in diferent pepole experinece / opnini on web and didnt construct my concept about things.
Re: setting up RMAN for newly deployed RAC [message #678815 is a reply to message #678813] Wed, 15 January 2020 09:59 Go to previous message
John Watson
Er... This is the documentation site,
https://docs.oracle.com/
Previous Topic: Recover to Cloud VM DB Error
Next Topic: RMAN Backups are not deleting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:48:56 CDT 2024