Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » problem in Post_Change
problem in Post_Change [message #473557] Mon, 30 August 2010 05:04 Go to next message
manisha_borade
Hello Everyone,
I am using forms 10g developer version Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production) on
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

In one of may forms, I have used 3 fields named a, b and c.

While running the form, I move the cursor to field a.
In the post-change trigger of this field, I assign some values to fields b and c.

There are post-change triggers written for fields b and c.
The problem is that the post-change triggers of fields b and c are not fired till
the cursor is moved to fields b and c.
I want to execute post-change trigger of fields b and c as soon as I change the value of these fields
(keeping the cursor on field a)
(The same form works as desired in forms6i)
How to do this?
Is there any other trigger/setting which can do this?

It seems the behaviour of post-change is different in forms6i and forms10g.
In forms6i post-change is fired whenever the value of a field is changed,
whereas in forms10g post-change is fired only when the cursor is moved on the field.

Pl. help
Re: problem in Post_Change [message #473572 is a reply to message #473557] Mon, 30 August 2010 06:05 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
So put code you used in POST-CHANGE triggers for items B and C into a procedure that assigns values to those items (that would be POST-CHANGE on item A). In order to avoid writing the same code twice, perhaps you could create a procedure and then call that procedure(s) whenever needed (POST-CHANGE triggers on items A, B, C).

Also, perhaps you should consider using WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM + POST-QUERY triggers instead of POST-CHANGE (as it is here just for backward compatibility).
Previous Topic: How can I connect forms6i to run on SQL database
Next Topic: How to detect ia canvas is loaded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:03:42 CDT 2024