Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Issues in alignment of labels (merged) (Forms 10g / Windows XP)
Issues in alignment of labels (merged) [message #475754] Fri, 17 September 2010 06:25 Go to next message
nikhilk411
Hi,

I am facing a issue reg alignment of labels (and prompts) in Forms 10g. Whenever I left-align them, they appear in order in the designer window, however when I run the form, the alignment goes out of place. (Refer the screenshot)./forum/fa/8273/0/

Strangely, I do not face this problem when I right-align the labels (and prompts). In this case, the alignment does stay in place on running the form.

I have even tried creating a frame around the labels, but it didn't help. Can anyone kindly help with out with this left-alignment of labels issue?
Re: Issues in alignment of labels (merged) [message #475757 is a reply to message #475754] Fri, 17 September 2010 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you compile ALL (Ctrl + Shift + K)? Perhaps it'll help.
Re: Issues in alignment of labels (merged) [message #475760 is a reply to message #475757] Fri, 17 September 2010 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nikhilk411
Tried. Didn't help :-(Sad
Re: Issues in alignment of labels (merged) [message #475761 is a reply to message #475760] Fri, 17 September 2010 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you create those labels "manually" (i.e. using the Text tool), or are they part of every item (i.e. they are set in item's Property palette)?
Re: Issues in alignment of labels (merged) [message #475763 is a reply to message #475760] Fri, 17 September 2010 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Looks like a problem of font mapping.
The font/size you've specified in form builder is getting translated into a different font and/or size when you run the form (looks like size in this case but I can't tell for sure).
The prompt positions are specified by the Prompt Attachment Offset property. The value this needs to be set to to get left alignment differs depending on font and size. It doesn't differ for right alignment which is why that one works.

Possible solutions
1) Stop the font mapping, obviously, however I'm not sure how you do that - try using a different font, they won't all get translated.
2) Use a monospaced font like courier - as long as it doesn't get translated to a different font it should be fine - size changes shouldn't affect it like that.
3) Use independant text fields rather than prompts - they have x/y positions so left alignment won't be an issue.
4) stop trying to left align.

EDIT: added a missing "to"

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2010 07:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issues in alignment of labels (merged) [message #475764 is a reply to message #475763] Fri, 17 September 2010 07:26 Go to previous message
nikhilk411
@Littlefoot - Those labels are not created manually, they are set in property palette of the items (Prompt)
@cookiemonster - Will try out the suggestions. Keep you posted
Previous Topic: Decode Function (merged)
Next Topic: Compile form show error :PDE-PER001 INTERNAL ERROR (deucx 9 8)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:05:12 CDT 2024