Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Debugging a Form 10g (Oracle form 10g)
Debugging a Form 10g [message #476206] Wed, 22 September 2010 01:40 Go to next message
swapnil_naik

Hi ,
I am currently working in form 10g and i m newbie to that technology...I want to debug my form and also check step step by values of variables which i defined..

Can u plese help me out to solve my problem...if any document available to step by step debugging...

Thanks
Re: Debugging a Form 10g [message #476233 is a reply to message #476206] Wed, 22 September 2010 04:14 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Debugging is described in Forms Help (while in Forms Developer, go to [Help - Online Help - Search tab] and search for "debug".

In a few words: you'll have to set a breakpoint in one of form triggers (such as WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE or, even better, exact place you are interested in). It is done by right-clicking PL/SQL editor's margin.

/forum/fa/8291/0/

Then run a form in debug mode.

/forum/fa/8292/0/

When form execution reaches the breakpoint, it will stop. Return to Forms Developer and, using debug toolbar and Debug Console, trace its execution, variables' values, etc.

/forum/fa/8293/0/
Previous Topic: Using 2nd table in execute_query
Next Topic: How many minimum NUP licenses for Oracle 10g AS Enterprise Edition we have to purchase?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:05:21 CDT 2024