Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Prevent user from navigating to another webpage by displaying a dialog box (Forms 10g v10.1.2.0.2, XP )
Prevent user from navigating to another webpage by displaying a dialog box [message #485494] Wed, 08 December 2010 10:06 Go to next message
quigs
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to know when a user was navigating away from the current open
form (and I wanted to prevent the navigation with a dialog box) because they had entered a new URL in the address bar and were trying to navigate to it?
I've seen a reference to it from an ADF perspective -> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/unsaveddatawarning-100139.html

but was wondering how to do it within Forms?

The reason for this is that i would want to prompt the user to confirm that they wanted to exit the form as potentially they would have a record (in the form) flagged as being updated and as such no other user (including themselves) could susbequently access it.
So, I'm basically wanting to know if there is a way to catch the fact that the user is about to navigate to another web page.

Is it by using javascript and if so, how would it be implemented?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Tom

Re: Prevent user from navigating to another webpage by displaying a dialog box [message #487065 is a reply to message #485494] Wed, 22 December 2010 05:45 Go to previous message
mshrkshl
what is purpose ?

are you want to forcefully complete transactions?

simply this can be done by validation.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2010 05:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Insert bullets in text
Next Topic: Client_OLE2 very slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 00:21:27 CDT 2024