Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV in oracle 10g
LOV in oracle 10g [message #487175] Thu, 23 December 2010 08:16 Go to next message
lacchhii

Hi

I have recently shifted working from oracle 8i to oracle 10g and the package i am working with is done by HCL . I am having problems in the LOV.

there are around 135 tables and 35 views. All the data which i want in LOV are available in views like there are v_desg which has the name, emp_id, desg, etc.... as columns and around 1000 names are there.

There is a LOV_desg with record group as rg_desg which does not display all the 1000 names which are there in v_desg.

Same is the case with all the LOV's in the package. the values in the view is not getting exhibited in LOV.

Is there any link which is missing to make the values get populated in LOV

Also the image in menu icons are not exhibited. I did try changing the path in registry.dat . is there anything else to be done to make it appear

thanks in advance.

Re: LOV in oracle 10g [message #487203 is a reply to message #487175] Thu, 23 December 2010 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What/who is "HCL"?

How does RG_DESG record group's query look like? Does its WHERE clause restricts number of records retrieved from underlying table (view)? Do you modify record group's query programatically (in one of Forms' triggers)? Is there any other restriction in record group's or list of values' property palette?
Re: LOV in oracle 10g [message #487206 is a reply to message #487203] Thu, 23 December 2010 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

the query in record group looks like this. it is taken from 3 tables , but i am not sure how to add values into the LOV. i tried to add a desg name in the desg table but it didnt accept

SELECT DISTINCT DESGPAY_PAYS_PK,
PAYS_DESC ,PAYS_START_SCALE,
F_GET_LOV_NAME(PAYS_COMM) COMM
FROM M_DESIGNATION, M_DESG_PAYSCALE,M_PAYSCALE
WHERE DESG_PK=DECODE(:APEN_ACP,'Y',DESG_PK,:APEN.APEN_DESG_PK)
AND DESG_PK = DESGPAY_DESG_PK
AND DESGPAY_PAYS_PK=PAYS_PK
AND DESG_ACTV ='Y'
AND (DESGPAY_DEPT IN (SELECT LOV_PK FROM M_LOV
WHERE LOV_INFO_01 = (SELECT LOV_ID FROM M_LOV
WHERE LOV_PK=:APPLN.APPLN_DEPT_PK)
AND LOV_LOV_ID='DEPT')
OR (DESGPAY_DEPT IN (SELECT LOV_PK FROM M_LOV
WHERE LOV_INFO_01 IS NULL
AND LOV_ID =(SELECT LOV_ID FROM M_LOV
WHERE LOV_PK=:APPLN.APPLN_DEPT_PK)))
OR DESGPAY_DEPT IS NULL
OR DESGPAY_DEPT=:APPLN.APPLN_DEPT_PK)
ORDER BY PAYS_START_SCALE

thanks for all the help i get from this forum
Re: LOV in oracle 10g [message #487213 is a reply to message #487203] Thu, 23 December 2010 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

HCL is a software company who did this program. sorry for not clarifying this. They haven't given any course material and no online support after the package was done.

No one here knows how the package has been done and there is no online support also .I am recently been given in charge of implementing the package and so finding it a problem without the user manual.

The query for in the record group is like this

SELECT DISTINCT DESGPAY_PAYS_PK,
                  PAYS_DESC,
                  PAYS_START_SCALE,
                  F_GET_LOV_NAME (PAYS_COMM) COMM
    FROM M_DESIGNATION, M_DESG_PAYSCALE, M_PAYSCALE
   WHERE     DESG_PK = DECODE (:APEN_ACP, 'Y', DESG_PK, :APEN.APEN_DESG_PK)
         AND DESG_PK = DESGPAY_DESG_PK
         AND DESGPAY_PAYS_PK = PAYS_PK
         AND DESG_ACTV = 'Y'
         AND (DESGPAY_DEPT IN
                    (SELECT LOV_PK
                       FROM M_LOV
                      WHERE LOV_INFO_01 =
                               (SELECT LOV_ID
                                  FROM M_LOV
                                 WHERE LOV_PK = :APPLN.APPLN_DEPT_PK)
                            AND LOV_LOV_ID = 'DEPT')
              OR (DESGPAY_DEPT IN
                        (SELECT LOV_PK
                           FROM M_LOV
                          WHERE LOV_INFO_01 IS NULL
                                AND LOV_ID =
                                      (SELECT LOV_ID
                                         FROM M_LOV
                                        WHERE LOV_PK = :APPLN.APPLN_DEPT_PK)))
              OR DESGPAY_DEPT IS NULL
              OR DESGPAY_DEPT = :APPLN.APPLN_DEPT_PK)
ORDER BY PAYS_START_SCALE

Its been taken from 3 tables and i tried to insert values in one table but it doesn't accept .

thanks for all the help i get from this forum

[EDITED by LF: applied [code] tags]

[Updated on: Fri, 24 December 2010 01:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: LOV in oracle 10g [message #487225 is a reply to message #487213] Fri, 24 December 2010 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm afraid that you'll have to take this query and run it in a tool you use to access the database (such as SQL*Plus, SQL Developer, TOAD etc.) and, well, debug it.

As it accepts several "parameters" (those would be form items, such as :APPLN.APPLN_DEPT_PK), it seems that they are making the restriction. If it was a simple "SELECT * FROM V_DESG", no problem - all records would have been returned. But, with such a query, who can tell what's going on? It depends on form values.

Anyway: why do you think that a LoV *must* return ALL records that exist in there?

Can't you get assistance from HCL?
Re: LOV in oracle 10g [message #487320 is a reply to message #487225] Fri, 24 December 2010 19:45 Go to previous message
lacchhii

hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. For some strange reason , which i am also not aware off , HCL didnt give any user manual nor stayed till the testing of the package. there is no online support also.

any way i am now have to look at possible ways of implementing this package. In one of the LOV we have drawing and disbursing officers (DDO) where in there are around 15500 DDO's . I will have to select one from them. but LOV lists only around 10 . I need all the values to select one from them.

thanks a lot again.I am not sure how to go about with this . Will try to solve or else do an entirely new one.
Previous Topic: Oracle 11g Architecture
Next Topic: ActiveX control is blank at run-time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 00:16:28 CDT 2024