Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » changes made in forms not getting effected in front end (oracle 10g, forms 9i)
changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #499757] Wed, 16 March 2011 02:18 Go to next message
lacchhii

Hi gurus,

I am new to oracle 10g. I have a strange problem which i never used to face it while using oracle 8i.

Out of around 120 forms , there is 2 forms in which all the data entry is being done. any changes made to the coding / text in these fmb is not getting effected when i run the form through front end.The front end is developer 2000 .

Where as changes made to the other fmb is working perfectly fine.

Is there any deployment issues which needs to be taken care off in oracle 10g.

I am not sure if this problem needs to be posted in this category.

Kindly excuse me if i have posted it in the wrong category.

any help in this regard , i will be thank full to you
Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #499765 is a reply to message #499757] Wed, 16 March 2011 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't understand what environment you are using.

- your database was 8i
- now you migrated to 10g
- forms you use are 9i
- application was developed using Developer 2000 (that would be ... what exactly? Forms 4.5? 6.i?)
- if so, you also migrated forms from lower version to 9i
- if so, not all features that worked in 6i work in 9i (for example, some mouse gestures triggers won't work)

Could you clear these doubts, please?

What exactly do you do, and it doesn't work as expected?
Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #499796 is a reply to message #499765] Wed, 16 March 2011 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

thanks for the reply.

sorry for the confusion.

01) My data base was not migrated from 8i to 10g. what i wanted to say was when i was working with 8i in a different project the problem of back end and front end was not there.

02) forms i use is 6i and not 9i.

The problem i face is suppose i change text item for a particular field or make any changes in the pl/ sql code for 2 forms where all the data entry is done, it is not getting effected.

looking forward to your help in this regard

Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #499798 is a reply to message #499796] Wed, 16 March 2011 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you compile all (Ctrl + Shift + K) before generating the FMX?

How do you test the form? Through the application? Are you sure you are calling a new (modified) form? Put a visible label onto the canvas so that you'd actually SEE that this is the right form.
Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #499819 is a reply to message #499796] Wed, 16 March 2011 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

thanks once again

i did compile the fmb before generating the fmx and when i run the fmb (ctrl+r) the changes i make is exhibited.

Let me understand clearly. In the front end the name of the fmb (T_APPLN_PENSION) was written and used the same fmb to make the correction.

Just to check if that is the right form i opened the mmb files to find the name of the form used, it only says

P_call_program (T_pen_rcpt) . There is no fmb by this name.

How do i find the name of the form used? In all the menu pl/sql editor i only find the P_call_program and some name with brackets.

could u pl help me out in this to tell my problem clearly.

thanks in advance
Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #499832 is a reply to message #499819] Wed, 16 March 2011 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that you modified one form (T_APPLN_PENSION), but menu calls another one (T_PEN_RCPT). You said that there's no T_PEN_RCPT.FMB. Is there T_PEN_RCPT.FMX? (Should be.)

If you don't have a FMB, there's nothing much you can do about it (except to a) find the FMB, b) write a new form).
Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #499970 is a reply to message #499819] Thu, 17 March 2011 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

i checked the whole forms . Both fmb and fmx of 'T_pen_rcpt' is not available, but all the data which are entered in the front end are available in 'T_APPLN_PENSION' table when i query through toad.

I even tried to change the P_call_program (T_pen_rcpt)with 'T_APPLN_PENSION', but still there is no change .

Is there any thing which i am missing out?

Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #500012 is a reply to message #499970] Thu, 17 March 2011 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj.Gupta.91
Hi,

Make sure that whenever you are replacing new fmx with the old one in production that should not be in use. When it is in use it will not be replaced with the new one so change will not reflect.

Regards
Manoj
Re: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end [message #500028 is a reply to message #500012] Thu, 17 March 2011 05:34 Go to previous message
lacchhii

hi,

thank you. That i have taken care off. I closed the fmx and then compiled the fmb.
Previous Topic: Forms/Reports 6i compatibility with Windows 2007
Next Topic: Calling Procedure at (Form, Library and Database) level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 05:06:26 CDT 2024