Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Can i execute the query on datablock on sametime (Oracle Form Builder 10g, Win XP)
Can i execute the query on datablock on sametime [message #499763] Wed, 16 March 2011 02:28 Go to next message
new_oracle2011
Hello All,

I have designed a form in which there are two datablocks one contains the major details and the other contains details saved under that record. And it is working properly. If you are not getting then take an example of department and employee datablocks, first contains the info of department and second contains the employee info working in that department.

now what i want to do is to make the life of user easier, as the records are displaying properly so if user want to know that this record is present in the details of that header so while scrolling all records can he search by putting some info in the detail block to get that result while remaining on the same datablock??
Re: Can i execute the query on datablock on sametime [message #499789 is a reply to message #499763] Wed, 16 March 2011 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I understood the first paragraph - it is a master-detail form.

But I didn't understand the second one. I *think* that you are asking whether it is possible to query detail block. If so:
- go to detail block
- enter query mode
- enter search criteria
- execute query in the detail block

If that's not what you are asking, could you, please, explain it once again?
Re: Can i execute the query on datablock on sametime [message #499795 is a reply to message #499789] Wed, 16 March 2011 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
Yes, u got me. Actually i want to query in the detail block but how to go to all steps u wrote in your message??
Re: Can i execute the query on datablock on sametime [message #499800 is a reply to message #499795] Wed, 16 March 2011 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What do you mean, how to perform these steps? Which keys to press? They are described in "Help - Keys" menu. Alternatively, use mouse and toolbar buttons.
Re: Can i execute the query on datablock on sametime [message #499811 is a reply to message #499800] Wed, 16 March 2011 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
can we do these functions with do_key?? like do_key('execute_query') etc??
Re: Can i execute the query on datablock on sametime [message #499814 is a reply to message #499811] Wed, 16 March 2011 05:25 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why DO_KEY? There's no need to use it.

As far as I understood (which you confirmed by "you got me"), users will perform query by themselves, so - what would you code here? It is up to each of them to press <Enter query> key, enter criteria, press <Execute query> key. Manually.
Previous Topic: code behind trigger
Next Topic: Marquee Effect in Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 05:04:57 CDT 2024