Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » show_view taking so much time in forms10g (forms, 10g, Unix)
show_view taking so much time in forms10g [message #500505] Mon, 21 March 2011 17:57 Go to next message
pavanramesh
Hi,

I have one big form where the first canvas (content) is taking nearly 20 seconds to display. this is in web mode using forms 10g.

i have tried using SHOW_VIEW(find_view('SAMPLE')) but still no improvement.

can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Pavan.
Re: show_view taking so much time in forms10g [message #500580 is a reply to message #500505] Tue, 22 March 2011 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Do you have any when-new-form/block/record/item-instance triggers that might be firing in the process?
Or other triggers?
I doubt the problem is just displaying the canvas.
Re: show_view taking so much time in forms10g [message #500667 is a reply to message #500505] Tue, 22 March 2011 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Is this the first form being called or is it being called from another form?
Are you using jinitiator or JRE?
Are you using an application server or running Forms Developer?
Re: show_view taking so much time in forms10g [message #501033 is a reply to message #500667] Fri, 25 March 2011 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pavanramesh
the form is being called by another form i.e Main menu form calls form A. in when-new-form-instance of Form-A calls another Form-B this inturns calls Form-C. after entering Form-C it goes to Form-B and then to Form-A. so here when comes to Form-A i'm showing a content canvas (balnk) and on top of this showing a stacked canvas to display list of choices.

Form-A is a big size nearly 6 MB.

using Jinitiator. and using Oracle Applicaiton server. Please help me how can i reduce the time to load the canvas.
Re: show_view taking so much time in forms10g [message #501035 is a reply to message #501033] Fri, 25 March 2011 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does this "big form" perform some kind of EXECUTE_QUERY? If so, how many records does it fetch? Can you restrict that number (see data block Property Palette window; see "Query all records", "Maximum records fetched" properties).

You didn't answer Cookiemonster's questions (about possible triggers firing and slowing things down).
Re: show_view taking so much time in forms10g [message #501045 is a reply to message #501035] Fri, 25 March 2011 05:45 Go to previous message
pavanramesh
the "big form" is a data entry screen, it does not perform execute_query.

with regard to Cookiemonster's questions => the "big form" has triggers, they are
pre-form => in this trigger global variable settings and flexi label settings are done.
when-new-form-instance => in this trigger it does some user security validations, calls form-B and finally go_block('Choice') which takes to the choice field of the stacked canvas (display choices like SALE, Return etc).
when-new-item-instance => start of the trigger it shows the content canvas, the choice field belongs to the stacked canvas.

and one more thing, for each screen we are attaching a horizontal tool bar (canvas) where displaying buttons with images (example, next field, previous field, exit) depending on the screen type (entry, query, find or detail).
Previous Topic: Time Calculation
Next Topic: Creating a new browser session with forms 11g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 05:04:18 CDT 2024