Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Reg Csv file (oracle forms,10g,windows xp)
Reg Csv file [message #501695] Wed, 30 March 2011 13:48 Go to next message
giridhar123
Hi,
The form which i developed is for Mulitple user. ie many no of user upload the same csv file at the same time. To differentiate it 4r the user i gave the user name in Prefix. say the users name are xx and yy and the file name is test.csv. In the kentucky server it is loaded as "xx_test.csv" and "yy_test.csv". It loaded along with Double quotes.I used the varible to get loaded

l_bare_filename := '"'||v_username||'_'||substr(:FIC_SOURCE,instr(:FIC_SOURCE,'\',-1)+1)||'"';

l_bare_filename is that variable.

When i tried to null the csv file it is not created as Double quotes in Kentucky server. say it is displaying xx_test.csv file. Below is the command for making null. I used the same variable
host('cat /dev/null > /tmp/'||l_bare_filename )

I want it to be displayed with Double quotes.
please HELP to sort with this issue.
Re: Reg Csv file [message #501699 is a reply to message #501695] Wed, 30 March 2011 14:46 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I wouldn't know, but - why do you insist on filenames that contain double quotes? It sounds like an unusual requirement. Wouldn't you prefer "ordinary" filenames (which would also fix your problem).
Previous Topic: Issue with Mandatory Field in Custom Form
Next Topic: Send e-mail via Oracle Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 05:06:13 CDT 2024