Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem with two same dates. (D2k 6i,10 g DB,XP OS)
Problem with two same dates. [message #501913] Fri, 01 April 2011 06:59 Go to next message
JAGLAN
Hi all Masters,

A Warm Greeting to all of you..

i have a query that there are two Date text boxes
and one Button.
Condition:- (1)whenever we Press the button it should populate the data(xyz..whatever) between those two dates.
(2) but whenever we should enter the same (d1 ,d2) dates already used and Press the button (in same Session) it should give Error "Dates Already used".

What i understand that to create a Temp table where i should insert the dates on button press ,but i am not able to get how to Write the compare condition for situation (2)???

Could you please help me with some code??
  • Attachment: sample.GIF
    (Size: 2.89KB, Downloaded 594 times)
Re: Problem with two same dates. [message #501914 is a reply to message #501913] Fri, 01 April 2011 07:05 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, you could create two parameters (or global variables) and, upon pressing the button, store DATE1 and DATE2 values into those parameters. Next time, you'd compare DATE1 vs. PARAMETER.DATE1 (as well as DATE2) and display a message if there were no changes.
Previous Topic: ORA-305500 Exception on When-Button-Pressed Trigger
Next Topic: Thinking outside the box form design assistance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 05:01:43 CDT 2024