Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Your connection to the server was interrupted (Forms 10G)
Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515089] Fri, 08 July 2011 01:51 Go to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
hi everyone,

i am facing a very unusual and unexpected error in forms. when i navigate to different records in my form, suddenly the connection get interrupted.
Please see the image for reference.
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515102 is a reply to message #515089] Fri, 08 July 2011 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does any trigger fire when you do that (i.e. navigate to different records)? If so, which ones and what do they do?

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2011 02:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515116 is a reply to message #515102] Fri, 08 July 2011 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
the status list contains values
1.CREATED
2.WORKING
3.COMPLETED
4.OPEN

etc

when i changed status to COMPLETED after that problem occurs otherwise there is no problem. i have written a generic code on WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger that enable and disable some buttons. i have written nothing special for COMPLETED status.
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515119 is a reply to message #515116] Fri, 08 July 2011 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
So your network won't allow complaints to be completed.

Just kidding. Unfortunately, no idea why would change of status item to "completed" cause any problems (especially network ones).
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515194 is a reply to message #515116] Fri, 08 July 2011 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
What is the code? Maybe it is trying to disable an object already disable or enable and object already enabled. I know it doesn't sound like something that should be a problem, but I have seen some unexpected behavior from doing such things.

Also hit the details button for possible hints. I get plenty of unexpected network disconnects ever since the app server has been rebooted and the network teams claims they cannot find any problem. Happens roughly 5 times per day. Never happened before the server reboot.
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515358 is a reply to message #515194] Mon, 11 July 2011 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
sir,

i am posting the code and also attaching the error detail log. please have an eye on.

IF :DEPT<>'ALL' OR :DEPT IS NULL THEN
 WHERE_STRING:='( CREATED_BY ='''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''' 
 OR ASSIGNED_TO = '''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''' 
 OR HR_GET_DEPT_SUPERVISOR(DEPT_CODE) = ''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''' 
 OR (C_TRANS_ID IN (SELECT C_TRANS_ID FROM ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_USERS WHERE USER_ID ='''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''') 
 AND C_TRANS_NO IN (SELECT C_TRANS_NO FROM  ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_USERS WHERE USER_ID = '''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||'''))) 
AND STATUS='''||:COMPLAINT_STATUS||''' AND DEPT_CODE='''||:DEPT||'''';
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_MAST',DEFAULT_WHERE,WHERE_STRING);

GO_BLOCK('ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_MAST');
 DO_KEY('EXECUTE_QUERY');
ELSE
 WHERE_STRING:='( CREATED_BY ='''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''' 
 OR  ASSIGNED_TO = '''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''' 
 OR HR_GET_DEPT_SUPERVISOR(DEPT_CODE) = ''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''' 
 OR (C_TRANS_ID IN (SELECT C_TRANS_ID FROM  ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_USERS WHERE USER_ID ='''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||''') 
AND C_TRANS_NO IN (SELECT C_TRANS_NO FROM ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_USERS WHERE USER_ID = '''||:GLOBAL.USER_ID||'''))) 
										 AND STATUS='''||:COMPLAINT_STATUS||'''';
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_MAST',DEFAULT_WHERE,WHERE_STRING);

GO_BLOCK('ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_MAST');
 DO_KEY('EXECUTE_QUERY');
END IF;

this is the code i am using at when-list-changed trigger.

Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515361 is a reply to message #515358] Mon, 11 July 2011 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to display WHERE_STRING before executing a query (either use MESSAGE built-in, or create an item and put the WHERE_STRING in there). Then take it (copy) and use in SQL*Plus (paste). Does the query work OK in SQL*Plus?
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515380 is a reply to message #515361] Mon, 11 July 2011 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
i executed the query on toad but found no problem with it.
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515391 is a reply to message #515380] Mon, 11 July 2011 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What is ADMIN_COMPLAINTS_USERS? A table? View? Materialized view? Synonym? Something else?
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515413 is a reply to message #515391] Mon, 11 July 2011 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
a table
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515414 is a reply to message #515413] Mon, 11 July 2011 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The code you posted above won't compile. You've got mismatched quotes.
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515418 is a reply to message #515413] Mon, 11 July 2011 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
i restore the form from previous date backup and after a little rework, Its behaving fine now.
Re: Your connection to the server was interrupted [message #515419 is a reply to message #515418] Mon, 11 July 2011 08:11 Go to previous message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
thanks lf,jd,cm
Previous Topic: Reg . Migration
Next Topic: Validate after write in textitem [merged]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 08:55:20 CDT 2024