Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Vertical Scroll Bar Problem (Oracle Forms)
Vertical Scroll Bar Problem [message #527148] Sat, 15 October 2011 13:03 Go to next message
buzzyba
I am new to oracle forms
I am facing an issue while using the forms
The Vertical scroll bar gets points to the last record each time Its not pointing to first record
Could somebody pls help me out
Re: Vertical Scroll Bar Problem [message #527150 is a reply to message #527148] Sat, 15 October 2011 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying. What does
Quote:
The Vertical scroll bar gets points to the last record each time Its not pointing to first record
mean? Could you post a screenshot or something so that we could see what you have (and, possibly, explain what would you want to have)?
Re: Vertical Scroll Bar Problem [message #527164 is a reply to message #527150] Sun, 16 October 2011 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buzzyba
When i opening a form at runtime it should point to the first record.
Eg i am having nearly 20 records.
User must be able to scroll down using the scroll bar from top to bottom
But at run time the form is scrolling automatically to last record hence user must scroll up
Could you pls help me
In the attached screen shot the green box is coming at bottom at runtime
  • Attachment: forms123.jpg
    (Size: 115.58KB, Downloaded 794 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2011 00:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Vertical Scroll Bar Problem [message #527168 is a reply to message #527164] Sun, 16 October 2011 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
But at run time the form is scrolling automatically to last record hence user must scroll up

Automatically?

If it means the following:
- you run a form
- it performs EXECUTE QUERY and populates a block with some 20 records
- focus is set to the last record
- now you have to scroll up to get to the first record

Well, that's not how Forms works. EXECUTE QUERY fetches records, but focus is set to the FIRST record. Here are some possible options:
  • you didn't populate the block with EXECUTE QUERY, but with some programming (such as in a LOOP). If that's the case, you should put FIRST_RECORD at the end of that piece of code.
  • you did populate it with EXECUTE QUERY, but then used LAST_RECORD. Obviously - remove LAST RECORD.
So, how does your form work? Perhaps there's an option I didn't mention (or I was completely wrong).
Re: Vertical Scroll Bar Problem [message #527210 is a reply to message #527168] Mon, 17 October 2011 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baranor
AFAIK you are correct... the behaviour you describe is standard forms, and the only way to lock onto a different record is to either use last record or loop through all the records untill you hit the last record ( or the record you want to display).
Re: Vertical Scroll Bar Problem [message #527241 is a reply to message #527210] Mon, 17 October 2011 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buzzyba
I use a cursor to fetch records using loop
It retrieves all records from db and put in the text fields
But i am unsure what i should do to retrieve all records and just focus on the first record and user must scroll down to see all the records

Re: Vertical Scroll Bar Problem [message #527245 is a reply to message #527241] Mon, 17 October 2011 04:11 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
See the first point in my previous message (i.e. FIRST_RECORD at the end of your code).
Previous Topic: how to consume sap xi pi web services or sap RFC with oracle 11g forms
Next Topic: Set the properties of a visual attribute group during runtime?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 10:16:35 CDT 2024