Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » stack canvas hides while validation of any item is failed on the form (Oracle Forms)
stack canvas hides while validation of any item is failed on the form [message #527448] Tue, 18 October 2011 03:10 Go to next message
fakhar
hi,
I have an issue hoping somebody can help.

i have a form based on tab canvas. for some values(on form) i am hiding some fileds or a complete frame on the form using stack canvas. it works fine but if a user enters a wrong value in some field i.e enters character in number field the stack canvas hides(showing the hidden fields).

I tried to use on error trigger at form level and when validate item trigger to show the canvas but it first hides the canvas once right value is entered it just shows canvas again. following is the code i wrote

IF MESSAGE_TYPE = 'FRM' AND MESSAGE_CODE IN ('40209','50016')
AND :SYSTEM.TRIGGER_ITEM IN (some field)
THEN

IF other_item_value = 'E' THEN
SHOW_VIEW('STK_CAN_ARL_INFO');

END IF;

I need not to hide the canvas in any case whether any other field on the form is validated or not. Please help...
Re: stack canvas hides while validation of any item is failed on the form [message #527453 is a reply to message #527448] Tue, 18 October 2011 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Why not just hide the items by setting their visible property instead?
Re: stack canvas hides while validation of any item is failed on the form [message #527454 is a reply to message #527448] Tue, 18 October 2011 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps you should rather hide items themselves (using SET_ITEM_PROPERTY), instead of hiding them all behind a curtain (i.e. an (empty?) stacked canvas).
Re: stack canvas hides while validation of any item is failed on the form [message #527505 is a reply to message #527448] Tue, 18 October 2011 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fakhar
hi littlefoot,
you are right i can do that but issue is i have to hide the two frames containing the items also. Is there a way to hide the frame as these frames also having labels on them...

regards
fakhar
Re: stack canvas hides while validation of any item is failed on the form [message #527536 is a reply to message #527505] Tue, 18 October 2011 11:42 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Right.

Well, perhaps you should run your form in debug mode and follow its execution, in order to find out why is the stacked canvas going away. I can't figure out why would canvas move if someone enters an invalid value into the item on some other canvas ...
Previous Topic: null value not passing
Next Topic: travel from 10g to 11g problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 09:20:09 CDT 2024