Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Required privilege in forms
Required privilege in forms [message #528174] Sat, 22 October 2011 11:51 Go to next message
kalpataru
Hi all,
I have a procedure in my schema.
i have created a sys context name xyz for passing the date
in that i am passing the sysdate to that context which is used in a view.i have used/called that procedure in form.

My problem is that when i am giving
Grant select any dictionary to the user then form is compiled otherwise form is giving error procedure name must be declared.
but for security reasons i don't to give select any dictionary to that user. So please how to solve this problem.

please reply
Re: Required privilege in forms [message #528177 is a reply to message #528174] Sat, 22 October 2011 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
What schema are you using to compile the form?
Why would you need select any ditionary at all?
Re: Required privilege in forms [message #528195 is a reply to message #528177] Sun, 23 October 2011 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalpataru
Hi all,
The procedure is in which schema i am connecting the form to that schema for compiling the form.

when i am giving Grant select any dictionary to that schema because
i am using the sys context.

please any body tell me how to solve this problem without giving the privilege Grant select any dictionary to that schema.

please reply..
Re: Required privilege in forms [message #528227 is a reply to message #528195] Sun, 23 October 2011 08:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I might be missing something, but - I don't think that you need anything special in order to use SYS_CONTEXT "as is". However, in order to create a context, you require CREATE ANY CONTEXT system privilege.

Here's an example: connected as a privileged user:
Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> create user ctx_test identified by test;

User created.

SQL> grant create session, create any context to ctx_test;

Grant succeeded.

Connecting as a newly created user:
SQL> connect ctx_test/test
Connected.

SQL> select sys_context('userenv', 'db_name') from dual;

SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','DB_NAME')
------------------------------------------------
XE

SQL> create context my_context using my_package;

Context created.

SQL>

As you can see, I (actually, CTX_TEST user) was able to use the SYS_CONTEXT function and nothing "special" was granted to it. I don't know why you think that you have to grant SELECT ANY DICTIONARY.

Could you post YOUR SQL*Plus session, so that we could see what you did and how?
Previous Topic: submenu issue in forms 6i
Next Topic: auto email sent to user with attachment of PDF report generated by oracle developer (2 threads merge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 11:18:10 CDT 2024