Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » call a form from a multi record field (merged 2) (10g form builder,11gdb)
call a form from a multi record field (merged 2) [message #583351] Mon, 29 April 2013 23:01 Go to next message
ora_bbm
i have one multiple record field in frm....contain 5 field.....now i display the values...3 fields have values and two are empty...
the value of 1st field is A
2nd field is B
3rd field is C
i want if i click B it will open another form,
i want if i click c it will open another form,
it is possible?
any idea?
Key_trigger not firing [message #583359 is a reply to message #583351] Tue, 30 April 2013 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ora_bbm
hai i have the codings...below in key_trigger...its not firing...

Begin

iF :COURSES.COURSE_NAME ='IT' THEN

CALL_FORM('E:\bala\forms_task\student_registraion.FMX',NO_HIDE,NO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY);

ELSIF :COURSES.COURSE_NAME ='MECH' THEN
CALL_FORM('E:\bala\forms_task\lov1_manual_last.fmx',NO_HIDE,NO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY);

ELSIF :COURSES.COURSE_NAME IS NULL THEN
CALL_FORM('E:\bala\forms_task\student_registraion.FMX',NO_HIDE,NO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY);

END IF;

END;
Re: Key_trigger not firing [message #583378 is a reply to message #583359] Tue, 30 April 2013 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What trigger is "key_trigger"? I don't think that it exists (unless you decided to create your own trigger, but that's not likely).

"its not firing": how do you know that? Because it didn't call any form? That might be because COURSE_NAME doesn't contain any value you specified.

Anyway, run the form in debug mode. It'll tell you what's going on.
Re: call a form from a multi record field [message #583380 is a reply to message #583351] Tue, 30 April 2013 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Have a button that repeats with the field. Write the code to call the other form in the wehn-button-pressed trigger.
Re: call a form from a multi record field [message #583381 is a reply to message #583351] Tue, 30 April 2013 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Create a button which will - based on a current record's 1st field value - decide which form to call.
Re: call a form from a multi record field [message #583387 is a reply to message #583380] Tue, 30 April 2013 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ora_bbm
MY need is if i click the 1st field it opens the form For example A.fmb.
if i click the 2nd field it opens the another form For example COM.fmb.

I tried in Key_enter trigger...But It doesn't fired..
and my coding is

Begin

ELSIF :COURSES.COURSE_NAME ='MECH' THEN
CALL_FORM('E:\bala\forms_task\lov1_manual_last.fmx',NO_HIDE,NO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY);

END IF;

END;
Re: call a form from a multi record field [message #583388 is a reply to message #583387] Tue, 30 April 2013 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I've merged your two topics as they are obviously for the same issue.

Answer remains - use a button.
Re: call a form from a multi record field [message #583574 is a reply to message #583388] Wed, 01 May 2013 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ora_bbm
sorry abt the mistake....
The trigger name is Key_Enter.
and i need to call a form on the field...without using button.

I used when-mouse-click It will works fine...but the Key_enter trigger not working..
Re: call a form from a multi record field [message #583588 is a reply to message #583574] Thu, 02 May 2013 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ora_bbm
Finally I got the solution....Thank For your replies...

The solution is..
Data block name:COURSES
ITEM NAME:COURSE_NAME
Item contains multi record field..I have five fields.
1st field is 'IT'
1st field is 'CSE'
1st field is 'ECE'
1st field is 'MECH'
1st field is 'CIVIL'

If i click 'IT' it will open the requested form
If i click 'CSE' it will open the requested form. So i wrote the KEY-ENTER trigger in form level.The codings below
Begin
ELSIF :COURSES.COURSE_NAME ='CSE' THEN
END IF;
END;

and i changed the below modifications..
Modify FMRWEB.RES and change the Forms Function Number (FFN) from 27 to 75 for the Return Key. The line should be changed to the following:

10 : 0 : "Return" : 75 : "Return"

By default, the line is displayed with an FFN of 27 and looks as follows:

10 : 0 : "Return" : 27 : "Return"

This line should NOT fire the Key-Enter trigger since the Return or Enter key is actually returning the Return function represented by the FFN of 27. The FFN of 75 represents the Enter function and will fire the Key-Enter trigger.
Re: call a form from a multi record field [message #583631 is a reply to message #583588] Thu, 02 May 2013 08:47 Go to previous message
nnigam
Any reason you are using hard coded paths for called forms. In 10g-11g environment the forms_path is the preferred way. That will also make future upgrades easier to manage.

Neeraj
Previous Topic: calling a website in a form using hyperlink
Next Topic: problem in print record at block level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 22:00:36 CDT 2024